Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday, April 18, 2008

Mom and I had a interesting conversation yesterday after we got back from shopping at a local mall. She was complaining about being lonely and I mentioned that she has resisted every suggestion I have brought up about finding a more appropriate living situation...meaning a senior citizen condo etc. She said that is was better for her to live alone. I asked how that could be when she gets so lonely and upset in her apartment. She told me that she didn't want to be "supervised". I practically fell off my chair laughing. I told her that I didn't "supervise" her and she agreed that was why we got along so well. So...she wants to be on her own as long as she can and be totally "unsupervised". I am going to give up on trying to get her to think about another healthier living situation.

No comments: