Monday, March 12, 2012

Birthday - March 1



Mom has been home from the hospital since February 16th. She has needed a lot more help. She seems unable to make food for herself other than toast and cream of wheat. She still makes and drinks coffee everyday. I have taken over doing the laundry, making her bed, assisting her in the shower...etc.






I wanted to make her birthday fun, so I got her Kentucky Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and cole slaw. I got enough so that she would have snacks for a couple of days. I also bought her a chocolate bundt cake. I found some candles in her drawer...put four on and lighted them while I sang her "Happy Birthday". I also got her a big box of assorted Russell Stover chocolates. While she didn't make it out of her robe and pajamas on her birthday, she did have a nice dinner, enjoyed the cake and dove into the chocolates.

No comments: