Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday, May 1, 2008

I ended up going over to Mom's apartment this afternoon because she sounded really down when I called her. She said she had been crying. She was pretty depressed when I arrived...missing Dad, wanting me to explain the sequence of what happened to him last May when he got sick. She still doesn't understand why Dad didn't say anything to her about his health. I tried to explain that he may not have known how sick he was, or he may not have wanted to admit that he was ill. We will never know. I sat with her for about a half hour and then had to leave to beat the rush hour traffic across the city. She doesn't want to last too much longer, but she won't do anything I suggest to improve her situation. All I can do is try and be there when she needs me.

No comments: