Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Struggling

Mom is having a hard time understanding that I am not available to her right now. I am in a surgical boot, on crutches and cannot bear more than 20 lbs of weight on my foot. She asked me three times this afternoon to take her to the bank. I offered to take her check to the bank since I am on her account, but she would not agree to that at all.

I kept trying to explain to her that I cannot help her in and out of the car. She says she understands and then turns around and asks me again to take her to the bank.

I have told her again and again that Mark, my brother, will have to do more while I am recovering. She prefers to have me take her places. I have no idea what it is like with the two of them out in the world. I know he won't go out of his way to help her. Pamela and I have already had to go shopping for her twice.

I am trying to be patient, but today she just got the best of me. I sent Mark an email telling him to take her to the bank. That is all I can do today.

No comments: