Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Simple things

Mom was kind of difficult to manage this morning…and I got to work a half hour late as a result of going to three stores and the bank. She needed to get new checks..and she thought she had to take Dad’s name off the checks, but it turned out that she did not have to do that. This little thing turned the rest of the morning into a trying experience. She was kind of difficult at Safeway…very impatient having to wait to get by people in the aisles…kind of yelling at me….then she burst into tears at home and was sobbing about missing Dad.

I checked on her twice in the afternoon and we got everything figured out. She felt like she wasn't yelling at me. Seems that she can barely hear me half the time and doesn't know how loud her own voice is projecting. Mom feels that she is a burden. She appreciates all that I do for her. It was alright in the end...she was just having a bad day. Everyone deserves understanding when it comes to having a bad day.

The good news is that I had the initial conversation with her about Arrowhead Gardens and she seemed interested.

http://www.housingseniors.com/arrowhead_gardens.php

I am going to an open house in Lake City at one of their other facilities on Saturday to see the floor plans etc. I found out that Arrowhead opens in August..they are taking deposits now…so I am going to try and move this process forward.

No comments: