Saturday, November 24, 2007

Saturday, November 25, 2007

Mom made it through her first Thanksgiving without Dad. She hemmed and hawed about coming to dinner at the house, but I finally just told her when I would be picking her up. She enjoyed touring the basement and looking at the work my brother Mark is doing down there to finish it off. We got her settled upstairs with some snacks and the paper while Cathy and Pamela finished the dinner. She managed to eat a little of everything that was put on her plate and seemed to have a pretty good time.

The big difference I see in Mom is how frail she has become since June. She is having a lot of exhaustion and is sometimes forgetful. I think this may just be depression. She hasn't had anymore trouble swallowing food and refuses to even consider having the endoscopy. I have decided to back off of this and let her make her own decisions around her health.

I am feeling kind of tired myself...taking it easy this evening...reading a book, catching up on bills...spending time with Pamela.

No comments: