Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I feel as though I am going through a major test of my faith...my bearings are so different right now than they have ever been in my life that I have trouble even recognizing this as my life. So much has changed that I sometime flounder around looking for any familiar landmark. So...I make landmarks for myself...simple ones like walking the dogs...or going to this particular grove of evergreens at Lincoln Park that remind me of a cathedral. I guess I am learning to appreciate the "disassembled life" that is mine right now. I always put a lot of energy and time into my career whether I was a librarian or a organizational development coordinator. Now...I am neither and am having a tough time without that professional identity. Eventually things will all fall into place..but for now I just have to flounder around and make the best of it.

Mom is suddenly very concerned about her blood pressure and her diet. She informed me today that she needed to cut down on eating pastries....because of her diabetes. This is big news....as she has never let her diabetes stop her from eating anything. She also bought a wrist blood pressure cuff...and takes her blood pressure every day now. Her systolic pressure is higher than it has been for awhile...but overall I think she is doing pretty well.

No comments: