Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dinner for two

Every Tuesday night I go to Mom's apartment to make her dinner. Tonight it was baked Dover sole, broccoli with cheese sauce, mashed potatoes and miniature cupcakes from Trophy in Wallingford.

Mom was sitting watching the news when I arrived. She was really hungry...she had only eaten a bowl of cereal for breakfast and a bowl of soup for lunch. My brother had not been there for lunch today...so she wasn't that interested in eating. I prepared dinner as quickly as I could and got our plates ready. Mom seemed really hungry and ate almost everything...except a few pieces of broccoli. I gave her three of the four cupcakes...she ate them right down to the wrapper.

I told her after dinner that I wouldn't be able to come out Thursday morning.. as I told her she started counting off the days until she would see me again. I told her I really couldn't help it...I have stuff to do for work and just can't come as usual. I asked her to tell Mark if she needed food from the store.

I left with her walking me to the door as usual..she is losing so much weight..her cloths hang off of her. I told her again that it wouldn't work for her to live with Pamela and I. She just keeps bringing it up....and I keep telling her No. I feel guilty, but I know that it would never work. She would create problems for us and I will not have that.

No comments: