Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday breakfast


I took Mom to Burien today to have breakfast at the new Grand Central Bakery. She was desperate to get out of her apartment so I thought up this little outing for us. We shared a wonderful piece of blueberry peach coffee cake. She had biscuits, sausage and a sunny side up egg. I had an egg on toast. Both of us had coffee. Mom seemed to really enjoy sitting and watching people in the restaurant. She never really wants to do more than watch.

I mentioned the idea of living in an assisted living facility again. Again she resisted....saying that her money would run out too fast. I tried to convince her that it probably would be ok, and that she would have people around to eat with, or just be nearby. She is always so sad and lonely these days. She cries every time I leave. It is heartbreaking. I wish she would not resist the idea of another kind of living.

No comments: