Friday, December 7, 2007

Friday, December 7, 2007

The drama continues with Mom. She woke me up at 7:00am this morning yelling at me about the damn receipt I took her from the cemetery for their plot. The receipt was made out to me instead of her...even though she was the one who paid with a check for the remainder of the balance. She was very upset and kept repeating that she was going to call the Better Business Bureau and how the parent company of the cemetery located in Texas could sue her. None of it made any sense...but it was a heck of a way to wake up. I am just exhausted with her dramas, her fears, her depression.

I went out and had dinner with her last night because she seemed to be having a really hard day. Dinner was fine, but I noticed that once I was there she didn't seem that interested in interacting. She just ate her meal in silence. I think she just needs a warm body in the room with her. After dinner we did a little Christmas decorating and talked about Dad. We both cried thinking about him and how much we miss him.

I am so exhausted from my own grieving and trying to deal with Mom all the time. I think she is having a particularly rough time because Dad is no longer there to act as the buffer between her and the world. I don't want to take on that role, but it seems that it is inevitable. Dealing with an elderly parent that has a personality disorder is no picnic...that is for sure!

No comments: