Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Well....I thought Mom and I had a pretty productive day and then the phone rang. I had taken her to the bank and to do some shopping earlier in the day. She wanted to go to the bank to shift money from savings into a CD. That all seemed reasonable to me, so I took her, sat with her and assisted her in the process. Mostly, all I did was repeat things to her that she had trouble hearing. After that we went back to her place, I made lunch and we sat and talked for awhile.

Later in the afternoon, just as I arrived home the phone rang. Mom was screaming into the phone saying the banker had made a mistake on her bank print out. She had asked for a print out of all her accounts. On the paper my name and address were listed because I am also on the account. I tried to tell her this, but she insisted that this was wrong and that she needed to go back to the bank. Having just been through another bank drama with her last week, I was in no mood for her temper tantrum or her demands. I hung up on her and called the bank to find out what was going on. As I suspected, I was right...I am on the print out because I am on the account. I called Mom back to explain this to her, but she persisted in saying there was some mistake. I finally just laid it on the line and told her there was no mistake and that if she wanted to go to the bank to have Mark take her on Wednesday when he comes for lunch. I know full well that Mark won't take her to the bank, he barely sees her or talks to her.

It is just so exhausting to deal with Mom ...she creates chaos where there is none. She is suspicious and paranoid all the time. I know this is all the result of her personality disorder, but I just get so tired of dealing with it. I am also beginning to suspect that she may have a little dementia...it is difficult for her to understand things and she is forgetting words a lot lately. I have new respect for what my Dad put up with all those years in Arizona....

No comments: