Sunday, December 30, 2007

Saturday, December 30, 2007




Picked up Mom today after church for lunch at Chinook's. Pamela graciously agreed to come with me...I felt like I needed her there for a little extra help and support. Mom was in a mood right away when I told her that we had a date to meet a friend for a movie at 4:15pm. She doesn't like it when my time with her is not open ended.

Mom had been watching a golf tournament with Tiger Woods. She started talking about how Tiger Woods had married a Swedish woman and they had a black child. She gets on this track which is very racist and I got really fed up with it. I told her to knock off the racist talk while I was walking her into the restaurant. Pamela was already inside getting a table. I explained to her that talking like that hurt Pamela's feelings and was just inappropriate. She lashed out at me and told me that I didn't have to come take her places anymore. Thus began our lovely Sunday lunch.

After lunch we took her to Rite Aid where she continued to be a bitch...telling me to run around asking the employees for the prices of items. She reads all the circulars looking for sales but gets confused as to which store has which sales. Of course, some of the things she wanted were on sale and others were not on sale. I finally just walked away from her for awhile and caught up with her at the cash register. She asked me where the calendars were...so off I went to find them...picked out two she would like and took them to her in line ....where she complained about how expensive they were. I took them back to their shelf.

Afterwards, we took her home and dropped her off. I won't see her until Thursday when I will take her to Fred Meyer so she can buy some culotte socks. Her feet are swelling and she needs larger socks.

I am exhausted with her today and need a break from her negativity, critical behavior and abuse.

We ended our day by seeing National Treasure with friends and having a wonderful rollicking laughter filled dinner. One of our friends has a mother that drives her crazy too....so that was good to hear....that I am not the only one dealing with a difficult parent.

No comments: