Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I went out to make dinner for Mom last night. I walked all the way into her living room before she woke up and greeted me. There was something different about her but I couldn't put my finger on it. At first I thought that she had some kind of small stroke. She was complaining that she had a horrible headache all afternoon. She had taken her Nurotin during the afternoon so that should have tamped down the pain on the right side of her head from the shingles. Her face looked a little drawn...almost sunken in especially around the mouth. I got her set up to watch the news while I prepared our dinner.

Before preparing her dinner I planted the pink geranium that I brought over. She loved the color of it...and will do a good job of caring for it on the balcony.

I made our dinner...shepherd's pie....cantelope, little pieces of cake....coffee for Mom and cranberry juice mixed with 7Up for me. She seemed ravenous....eating two helpings of the main dish. All Mom had for lunch was a hotdog and some cheese and crackers. I am beginning to suspect that she is going to need more help around food. She just seemed a little more frail today. I got her laughing in the kitchen when we were cleaning up...we were toe to toe, face to face just laughing our heads off. Moments like that are wonderful.

She is still upset that my brother got angry with her last week. Mark did come over for lunch on Monday...so whatever it was that made him mad..it is over. I told Mom the best thing to do is not dwell on it and just move on. She seemed to agree....but when I went to leave she mentioned how upset she was by what happened. It grieves her that Mark doesn't really talk to her or allow her to hug him. There is nothing I can do about any of this..so I just gave her a big hug and left.

No comments: