Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow falling


It has been snowing since sometime early this morning...before I got up at 5am. I haven't been able to get to Mom since Sunday afternoon.

She grows more agitated with each passing day. She is certain that the bank clerk shorted her $500 when she was at the bank. More likely, she is having a harder time making sense of her statements. Mark refused to take her there yesterday. I haven't been able to make the trip since the car has not been out of the driveway much.

Every time I talk to her she is upset about something new. Today it was the Russians again. We have had this conversation before. She is convinced that the Russians are controlling our weather and have dumped this big snowfall on us. Ok, there is nothing I can do to convince her othewise, so I go along with her. Finally, I have to get off the phone and start working from home...so she is mad at me for that. I think Christmas is just a hard time for her...without Dad.

No comments: