Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 28

Mom is again agitated about going home. I had a conversation with one of the doctors at the rehab facility today and that seems less and less likely. She probably could go into assisted living or an adult family home.

I know that an adult family home will not work at all. She is so paranoid it would just be impossible. She would also not get along with others and one thing would lead to another ...and then my phone would ring. Assisted living is not going to be an easy route either. She has it in her head that she is going home and wants it to be sooner rather than later.

Today, she told me that she was going to take a cab home. She has no keys, no purse, no money...but I wished her well. I am going to schedule another Care Conference because I just cannot be the only one trying to get her to see her new reality.

I am exhausted with the whole situation, but here we are...on Day 28. The doctor said that she would be in the rehab facility two to four more weeks. Mom is going to blow her stack on that bit of news. Add to this the information that she has a mild form of dementia...and you have a potent mix of troubled elements.

No wonder I am tired....this is a lot to manage. Mom is doing very little to cooperate and I am a bit paralyzed as to what I should do next. Maybe I should look at assisted living facilities...maybe I should wait until a get a call back from DSHS about her Medicare and Medicaid status....maybe I should just go take a nap....

Day 28...onto Day 29

No comments: