Saturday, April 16, 2011

Friday with Mom


My nephew Danny visited Mom. It was great that he could come with me after we had breakfast. He was so good with her...talking, holding her hand, helping me get her dressed for lunch. It was amazing to see what a wonderful man he has become. His visit made Mom's day. She introduced him to all the ladies at her lunch table. Danny told her he would come back again to visit. As we left we waved to her through the window as we walked down the path to the street.

We talked a lot afterward about Mom, Dad....my brother, his family...how Danny is doing. It was so great to see him. I would be friends with him even if he wasn't my nephew....he is just that cool.

I know it made Mom's day pretty happy....she talks about him all the time...and has been asking me all kinds of questions about his life. I managed to arrange one of the things she has been wanting....time with her grandson.

While we were there I talked with the woman who has been working with Mom on her physical therapy. She told me that Mom is really funny and gave me an example of her humor. She told this woman "you don't have to be crazy to be here, but it helps". Classic humor from Mom!

No comments: