Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poem for Dad

A friend sent me this poem in a card....it was read at Pamela's Mother's service...and is one I really like. I would like to dedicate it to my Dad on the one month anniversary of his death.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the autumn rain
When you awake in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of birds circling in flight
I am the stars that hine at night
do not stand at my rave and weep
I am not there
I do not sleep

I was reminded of something my pastor said at Dad's memorial service...my aunt Josephine reminded me tonight when we talked ...the thing that lasts is love...that is Dad's legacy...the love he gave to me in this lifetime is his gift to me. Loving others will be my way of carrying on this wonderful gift of my Dad's love.

No comments: