Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I was thinking today about my wish to be with Dad when he died. I made a specific request the day before he died to be contacted should anything change for the worse. Unfortunately, he still died alone in his room at the nursing home sitting in from of the golf game on the TV. This scenario breaks my heart. I know he would not want me to be upset about not being there with him. I wish Mom and I had spent more time with him that afternoon. She said the same thing the other day.

1 comment:

Enyasi said...

I filled my head with many such visions in the months after my mom's death. Ultimately, I decided my mother would not want me obsessing about the one moment her life ended, but rather focus on the million moments she lived to the fullest... I am sure your Dad would want the same. Blessings on you-