Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Today was a tough day with Mom. She wanted to go downtown to the retirement office of the City of Seattle to clear something up about Dad's death benefit. Then she wanted to go to the credit union and deposit a check. All this sounds fairly normal....but she broke down crying in the retirement office and accused me of trying to take over her affairs in front of everyone at the credit union. Next she wanted to go to her other bank to get some cash and then go to the store again.

She is buying cookies and ice cream bars...which as a diabetic she shouldn't really be eating. It is almost like she is trying to kill herself with sugar. Her moods certainly are horrible to deal with. I feel like she is lashing out at me because she is anxious and upset having to deal with all the things that my Dad used to take care of. He basically did everything...handle the money, cook etc.

Why did Dad have to die first? I would have loved to have spent some time with him alone...finally after all these years of dealing with Mom. It didn't work out that way.

I am determined that I am not going to put up with Mom's emotional abuse. Sitting in the car sobbing while she was in the bank was my low point today.

2 comments:

suttonhoo said...

oh sweetie -- talk about compounding grief with grief. hang strong. and thank you for sharing your story. this is life, and it's so powerful to learn from what you're learning.

Enyasi said...

This too shall pass- deep breaths and remember you are not alone.