Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

It occurred to me today what a comfort the dogs are as I grieve Dad's death. Milo, Macy and Linus all seem to come to me and spend time...leaning on me, asking for hugs and treats, or just surrounding my body when I lay down to take a nap. I have noticed that I tire easily and have just started to lay down when I feel like I need a rest. Always, the dogs gather around me and keep me surrounded with their bodies and love. It is a really comforting feeling.

I saw a therapist yesterday. I cried a lot..missing Dad...overwhelmed with being so heavily involved in caretaking Mom. I am not too sure about the therapist yet, but I am going to go to her one more time before I decide whether or not to continue with her. It seems so surreal to go in and break down in front of someone I have never met. She suggested that I talk to Dad...which I did after I left her office. I took a walk in Jack Block Park and talked with Dad for awhile about how I am feeling, telling him that I am glad that he is not suffering ...and that I am doing the best I can.

Mom is feeling a lot of exhaustion these days..and she is having some trouble with her legs being swollen all the time. I bought her a stool because her doctor told her to keep her legs elevated. I go out tomorrow morning to take her to the pharmacy and to WalMart....she needs to return her pants. She is really looking forward to my arrival and a trip in the car.

No comments: