Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday, January 24, 2008

This has been an emotional week for Mom. Dad's birthday is on Sunday, January 27th and she has been pretty focused on that all week. She has cried several times and still doesn't understand why Dad never told her how sick he was near the end of his life. I have tried and tried and tried to explain to her that Dad wouldn't have wanted to worry her. What I don't tell her is that I think Dad knew something was wrong but may have been in denial about it himself.

I have been pretty focused on my job search but have managed to see Mom twice this week....Tuesday morning and Thursday evening. Pamela and I are going out to dinner with Mom on Sunday afternoon so that she can have something different to do, rather than be upset about Dad not being alive for his 88th birthday.

No comments: