Sunday, May 1, 2011

6:52am Sunday

Today the phone rang at 6:52am. It was a staff member from the rehab facility telling me that Mom was trying to escape again. She was pissed because she had a lot of other patients to care for and needed me to come down to help. I explained that I could not be alone with her because of the allegation she made against me.

A second nurse called a few minutes later and told me that the would have to call the police if she kept trying to get out the door. The police finally were called and talked her back into her room somehow.

I dropped off some clean clothes later and got an earful about how she was going to sue her "Jew" doctor. She was upset that I had brought so many clothes. I told her I wasn't going to make a bunch of trips this week just for her clothes.

I left the room so upset that I started to sob in the hallway. The nurse hugged me and then explained that they had called a county Mental Health Professional in to assess Mom's condition. This could lead to civil commitment. All of this just makes me sick to my stomach. There is very little that I can do at this point except watch Mom going into an angry free fall. It is terrible to witness.

No comments: