Monday, May 2, 2011

MHP

Today was the day that I spent some time talking to the MHP (Mental Health Professional) who had interviewed Mom this morning. He came away feeling that putting her in a psychiatric facility would not be the best for her. She admitted to him that I did not push her down any stairs.

She sort of understands that her remarks are going to keep her in the rehab facility until the doctors clear her. He suggested an adult group home, and I told him that would not work with her long standing paranoia and borderline personality traits. It is unclear to me now when I may be dealing with her personality quirks or some mild form of dementia. All I know is sometimes she is very nasty and combative.

I said that I was willing to work through the process with Adult Protective Services and help her get home if she is able to be there. That is kind of doubtful but at least we could have that be her motivating goal.

I talked with Mom tonight..she had been vomiting since breakfast. She sounded weak and really tired. She said she didn't want any dinner...so another day goes by with no food. I am beginning to wonder if something organic is wrong with Mom. It could be the congestive heart failure or it could be something else unrelated. I will see her tomorrow evening to see how she is doing..hopefully she will have eaten something and gotten some fluids in.

No comments: