Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday, September 17, 2007

Pamela and I took Mom to the Puyallup Fair on Friday night. It took us almost two hours to get there through the freeway traffic, but it was definitely worth the trouble. We rented a wheelchair for Mom and off we went. First stop, food! We all had Earthquake burgers....huge burgers bursting with Vidalia onions, followed by ice cream covered with chocolate and nuts, fudge and caramel corn! We went a little overboard, but Mom was having such a good time....I didn't want to stop her from getting what she wanted to eat.

We watched some police dogs go through their paces, which was really cool. Also toured the goat barn, went to the fair museum where we saw a picture of my Great Uncle Harry Corliss, saw the beautiful flowers in the horticulture house and had a great time people watching. After about 3 hours Mom was fading so I went and got the car and picked her and Pamela up at the parking lot edge. She was sound asleep by the time we got to the highway.

Once we got her back home she said that would be her last fair. That troubled me a bit, but I have learned not to comment on everything Mom says ...it is her feeling and her wish to express it.

Saturday, I stayed home and planted two trees and two bushes in the yard after clearing a whole section of saplings that keep growing back from the tree stumps we had cut earlier this year. It was hard work, but it felt good to get it done.

Sunday I was Worship leader at church and also had a Bingo Committee meeting. I am going to donate the store safe to the Bingo Committee. Afterwards, I drove out to have dinner with Mom. She had made a nice meatloaf. It was a good lunch and she was in a pretty good mood...so I am glad I went out.

Today I worked and then had a job interview with World Vision this afternoon. I think it went pretty well. I will know within two weeks if I will be invited back for a second interview.

I am going to take Mom to breakfast in the morning and then out to WalMart. I have therapy tomorrow afternoon at 1pm and then dinner with Cathy at 6:30pm. Overall, I think I am doing ok...still get tears coming when I think of Dad. I really wish I could talk to him....I miss his way of making everything ok...when I get stuck sometimes I just ask myself...What would Dad do? It seems to help.

No comments: