Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday, September 12, 2007



Today another milestone is reached. I took Dad's car on June 16 of this year to sell it to pay for his medical expenses. After three months, I am finally selling it today for $15,000. I had hoped to get more for it but am so exhausted with trying to sell it that I am glad to be getting this taken care of today. There have only been three people who expressed interest and of those, only the gentleman who is purchasing it today was serious enough to have it checked by his mechanic and do an online search with the VIN number.

I have mixed feelings about selling the car because it is the last car my father purchased for himself. He bought it for the drive up here from Arizona last summer. I have driven it just to keep it in good condition, but it makes me feel kind of sad. In one way it is another reminder that Dad has passed away and no longer needs a car. Mom is happy that this is being taken care of today and will deposit the funds in her account. She has been worrying about the sale of the car alot lately, so I am glad to have this task almost concluded today.

Dad always loved his cars....I have a photo of him with a Model A, another photo with a car from the late 1930's, and one with his 1959 Pontiac Star Chief. I trace my love of cars to my Dad.

No comments: