Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mom is very appreciative of all that I help with and says it on a regular basis.

She seems to be doing a little better...I noticed today at the store that she
bought two things that my Dad used to cook...and is planning on starting to cook
again for herself. I gave her some hints on ways to prepare the food that she
seemed to like..so hopefully she will give it a try. My Dad did all the cooking
for the last 20 years so she is at least trying to relearn a skill she once used
on a daily basis.

My biweekly therapy sessions seem to be helping...it gives me a place to talk
about what is going on and how I feel about it. We also discuss strategies for
handling my Mom when she is difficult.

I went to a centering prayer workshop at church last night...the three words I
mediated/prayed on were: grieving, acceptance and love. During the course of the prayer it became clear
to me that I could begin letting the word "grieving" go...not that I am done
with the entire process...but that acceptance and love would be more helpful in the long run.

No comments: