Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Complete silence from Mom. I have not spoken to her since she hung up on me Sunday morning. I am taking a break from her. I can't let myself be abused this way...and I cannot let her abuse my partner, Pamela.

More feelings have been coming up around what my aunt told me on Sunday evening. It makes me so sad and so angry to know that Mom was hitting Dad. If he had taken me into his confidence, I would have taken him out of that situation. I know he felt that it was his job to take care of Mom, but not at the risk of his own physical well being. It is so hard to deal with the knowledge that my own beloved Dad was being beaten by my Mom. I have seen her rages and I know that she can get pretty dangerous. The thought of her behavior and the damage she did makes me sick to my stomach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are taking some time for yourself.
((hugs))
:)