Sunday, September 23, 2007

Saturday, September 23, 2007

Just when I thought things were going well with Mom....everything goes south on us. She was in a very agitated and aggressive mood today when Pamela and I went out to take her shopping for my birthday. She slammed her purse into Pamela in the car on purpose. She thought I was taking her wallet and a check into the bank to cash a reimbursement check from their auto insurance company. All I was doing was getting out to see if the bank was open...which it wasn't. She was mad about that and then wasn't much better when we took her to her credit union..which was open. We let her go in by herself because neither one of us wanted to be around her. She came out spewing some hateful stuff about 'foreigners'. I guess there were non-white people in the credit union. She often falls into this kind of behavior when she is being irrational...I don't know if it is her personality disorder or she is eating too much sugar or what.

We told her we were not prepared to take her to the mall..but ended up taking her to Rite Aid and Bartell's to get get a few things and pick up her medicine. She apologized to Pamela but not to me when we got her home. This morning she tore into me for my duties around the collection plate at church. I told her in no uncertain terms that it was none of her business...at which point she hung up on me. I am going to let her stew for a few days....there is nothing more I can do to make this situation better. She plays the old lady and uses her soft voice and then turns into a raving aggressive bitch ...all in the same day. I need a rest from this stuff.

I talked with my Dad's sister Josephine last night. She is really supportive of me especially as it pertains to my Mom's abusive behavior. She told me that my Dad called her last fall and told her that my Mom had been hitting him. I used to wonder about the bruises on his arms...I even asked him about them, but he always said he had bumped his arm. I am so sad and upset that he didn't tell me what was going on. I would have gotten him out of there in a heartbeat and taken him to live with us.

Last December right before Christmas Mom was hospitalized in a geriatric mental health unit because Dad couldn't handle her. She was so angry...but Dad actually missed her while she was gone. I don't understand it...but he still loved her despite all the crap she put him through. I wish he had taken me into his confidence....I wish I could have protected him.

No comments: