Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday, May 18, 2007

Dad is beginning to realize that he may have terminal cancer. He started to cry last night as I was leaving their apartment. He said that he wasn't afraid of dying...but I think he is dreading the battery of medical tests that we begin this morning with the bone scan. He said that I was a good person...that we had been through so many things together over the years. Of course, that made me cry....but I did my best to pull it together. I reassured him that I would be with him every step of the way. I also reminded him that we really don't have enough information right now to make any decisions. After all the tests are done next Wednesday, we have to wait until May 29th to see the oncologist again. I told him once we know more, we can start to make some decisions.

He says that I am so good to him....well it is mutual. He has always been my best and strongest advocate. He has always been a positive and reassuring presence in my life. He is the model of what I have become as a person. I am so happy to be able to turn around and give back to him what he has so willingly given to me all my life...

On his suggestion...I am reading Matthew 5-7....the Sermon on the Mount. He says that to understand Christ...it is best to read these chapters for his own words.

Need to get ready to go pick Dad up. It is going to be a long and exhausting morning for him....they inject the dye at 9am and then we have to wait until noon for the scan.

No comments: