Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday - May 8, 2007

A very long day. Spent the morning at my job trying to keep up. It feels like I am pushing a boulder up a hill...that just keeps rolling down on me. Still...I plug along.

Spent the afternoon helping my folks. Did laundry for them, made lunch, picked up Mom's eyedrops, made their dinner and left it in the refrigerator to be reheated later. Also went to the grocery store to stock them up on some easy to make meals.

Dad is in a lot of pain. He kept complaining that he couldn't do anything..it really makes him anxious to just be immobilized with pain. I kept telling him that this is a temporary situation and that he just needs to be patient. I put ice packs on his back and got him to sit down and relax. I had him grip my hands ...I was checking for a stroke...as he doesn't seem to be able to do much with his left hand. He was able to grasp my hands...so I think he must have a pinched nerve.

Mom seemed a bit better. She seemed in a good mood...so I am happy. She needs to keep taking the nerve medication to keep the pain from shingles to a minimum. Her eye is affected on the right side...to the point where it is closed all the time now. Her appetite is better and she was able to help Dad get dressed this morning.

They are both in such fragile condition. All I can do is help them get through this bad spot. Hopefully, they will both be feeling better before summer.

2 comments:

Enyasi said...

Warmer weather is the best thing to perk up the spirits and glad to hear that your mother is doing much better.

Bonita said...

Thanks for your positive thoughts.