Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yesterday and today have been consumed by visits to two different doctors. Yesterday, it was the neurologist. Dad ended up having an MRI of his neck. This morning I spoke with the neurologist and he told me that he would arrange for Dad to see an oncologist today. His concern from looking at the MRI was that Dad had a tumor of some kind.

Once we saw the oncologist, we learned that he wanted Dad to have several more tests...a full body scan, a CT scan, a brain MRI and a thoracic MRI. We will be starting the test regime this Friday with the body scan, then the CT scan on Monday, followed by the two MRI's on Wednesday night.

Dad will be taking vicadin for pain while all this is happening. We will follow up with the oncologist and get the result of all the tests on May 29th. I asked both Mom and Dad if they are feeling a little overwhelmed. They said that they were feeling overwhelmed. I told them that I would be there every step of the way. I also wrote out all the appointment times, dates and what would be happening at each appointment. I got Dad to take a vicadin before I left and made it clear to Mom that he needs to take one pill every 4 to 6 hours.

No comments: