Sunday, June 24, 2007

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Pamela and I took lunch over to Mom today. She made another wonderful quiche. She also bought her some really good Rainier cherries. We had a nice lunch ...Mom really likes Pamela's cooking and seems to enjoy having people around to eat with her. After about an hour we took off to go to the classic car show nearby. It was fun to walk around looking at cars and spending some time with Pamela.

Later, I went over to the nursing home to feed Dad his dinner. He was sound asleep with one leg hanging off the bed. I moved it back up onto the bed but that made him really cranky. I spoke to the weekend nursing supervisor and she said he hadn't eaten any lunch...but had a good breakfast. She promised to save his tray for him and would make sure he had something to eat later in the evening.

I asked her to call me if anything changed...that I wanted to be with Dad while he was dying. We checked to see that she had my cell phone number and she said she would also put a note on his chart to have someone call me.

No comments: