Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Spent the morning with Mom. We met with the social worker discussing both practical and emotional aspects of the current situation. Dad will stay at Anderson House as long as he needs to. I liked Gwendolyn. All the hospice workers have been great. I even got a call from the chaplain today. She will visit Dad tomorrow afternoon.

I made Mom's lunch and then took off to see Dad. He was dressed in mismatched pajamas...a situation I quickly took care of. He may have cancer and be a little out of it, but I want him to look as put together as possible. He was confused why he was at Anderson House. I explained that Mom and I couldn't really give him the care he needed. He seemed to understand that pretty quickly. I had him talk to Mark and Mom on my cell ...which seemed to help some. I spoke to his day nurse...she felt like he had had too many meds yesterday. I was just doing what the hospice nurse suggested to calm him..but I have to say I am glad that he was a lot more alert today. He decided to eat his lunch in the activity room so I rolled him in there. He seemed alert and spoke to the folks at his table...so I kissed him goodbye, told him I loved him and headed to work.

On the way home from work I called to check in with Mom. The hospital equipment had been picked up. She had her dinner but was feeling lonely. I told her that I would come out tomorrow afternoon to take her to see Dad...then we would go have some dinner together. She seemed to brighten when I suggested this....so that is the plan.

I am going to head to bed. I am exhausted.

No comments: